Sunday, April 13, 2008

Jacob loves his little brother

After initially ignoring Ephraim all together, Jacob has decided that he likes his little brother after all. He seems to be fascinated by Ephraim, and constantly puts his face right next to his little brother's. Of course that is only a problem when one of your kids has been sick. It was quite a task to keep Jacob away from Ephraim while he had the croup. Now it's not such a big deal, but we do have to tell him to back off when he gets a bit too friendly.  Here is a picture of Jacob "holding" Ephraim:















It has been an adjustment for Jacob to have to share Mommy with Ephraim. I have tried to make this easier by reading with Jacob or singing him songs while I feed Ephraim. Jacob LOVES for me to sing songs so he can do the actions. He is so enthusiastic that it makes me laugh. 



Jacob's vocabulary amazes me. He isn't even two years old yet, and he can already speak in 4 to 5 word sentences. Some of his phrases are so cute that I smile every time he says them. Whenever he gets hurt Jacob tells me, "Mommy, tiss (kiss)  it better". Whenever we get out something that he doesn't like or is afraid of (ie. the nose bulb or scary cow flashlight) he will say, "Daddy, put it away". Today I was working on the laptop computer and Jacob wanted me to play with him. He told me to "Mommy, turn Tuter (computer) off.... put it right here" while pointing to the piano bench. He is one smart cookie!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Deborah,
    That was just so fun to watch Jacob while you sang. I'm sure Ephraim enjoys it too and so did you Dad.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete