Friday, October 6, 2006

Paper Not Plastic

Dearest Jacob

This week you have discovered that paper makes a pretty cool toy. You like to get a piece of paper in your hands and then crinkle it up and stare at it. You also try to put it in your mouth and get it all wet with your spit. Once this week when I was sorting the mail, I gave you a piece of paper, and you did a good job mauling it. Then when you dropped it, you got all upset. It made me laugh because you are so cute.



You have not been taking as many naps during the day lately. But you have also been going to bed a little earlier at night… so I guess it all works out. I have been trying to establish a bedtime routine so that you can know when bedtime is coming. I put you in your pajamas, and then read a couple of board books to you. We read “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” and “Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see?” among others. I hope you grow to like books, because with both of your grandmothers working as librarians, I’m sure you will get a lot of them. Plus even though I work at a college library, I love children’s books. I especially love books with great illustrations.

Tonight is my Fantastic Friday activity at the church, so I will leave you home with Daddy this evening. I am going to make a sign for our wall that says: FAMILY- this home is filled with love and laughter. I am also making a church-related alphabet book for you. I hope they turn out nice.

Maybe this weekend we will have to go shopping and see if we can find a high chair for you… and a Halloween costume. I would make a costume for you, but I don’t really have the time right now. Maybe next year I can sew you a costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment