Thursday, October 12, 2006

Daddy's New Job

Dear Mr. Happy Pants

Today your daddy called and accepted the position of PC LAN Technician for the Salt Lake City School district. It seems that UVSC has decided to hire someone else for the position here, which I am sure made your daddy pretty unhappy. He has worked really hard here for almost two years and has basically been doing the job that they were hiring for. So it is a bit of a slap in the face for them not to hire him. Sometimes it seems like everything here at the school is a bunch of bureaucracy and internal politics. Anyway, I am thankful that he already got another job offer because I think that helped to soften the blow. This new job will give your daddy an opportunity to learn new things and gain more experience, so it will be a good thing. The only drawback is that he will have to drive to Salt Lake every day.

So today I would have given my two weeks’ notice at work, but the director and assistant director of the library are not here today. It is Fall Break at UVSC, and there weren’t too many people at work today. Since I will not get paid for my sick leave, I decided to play sick and take the afternoon off to be with you. I went home at noon and ate lunch with daddy and then he went to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment