Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Baby Blanket Afternoon

Dear Jacob

Today while I was at work I got a call from the Young Women’s President in our ward. It seems that there is a couple (the Limbs) in our ward that found out last night at 10 p.m. that they get to adopt a baby girl… and they can pick her up this afternoon. They have been trying to adopt for a while, but they didn’t expect it to happen so fast! Consequently, they didn’t have anything for her at their house.

So I decided to leave work early and make them a baby blanket. Daddy came early with you, and then we went and picked up some flannel at JoAnn’s. We went to lunch together, and then I went home with you and worked on the blanket all afternoon. Later that evening we all went over to their house to take them the blanket. We also got to see the baby, who they are naming Brooklyn, and she was very cute. They let me hold her, and it’s hard for me to believe that you were once that tiny!

After we ate dinner, I went next door for the book club that I am a member of. It was fun to hang out and talk with the other ladies in our neighborhood. Next time we are meeting at our house, so that should be fun. By the time I got home, you were already in bed asleep. You still sleep with your arms straight out; flying through your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment