Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Leaving UVSC

Dear Jacob

Well, I did it. Yesterday I told my boss that I will be quitting in two weeks. Even though I have wanted to quit and I think my boss expected it to happen sometime, it was still kind of hard to actually do it. So my last day of work will officially be October 27th. After that I will be staying home with you. I know that I will miss the people that I have worked with for the last two and a half years, but I also know that it will be worth it to stay home and raise my little boy.

This afternoon at work I sent an email to everyone letting them know that I will be leaving. Many of my coworkers said they are happy for me because they know that this is what we have wanted for our family.

When we got home from work this afternoon you had fallen asleep in your car seat. Of course, as soon as I brought you into the house you woke up. We have had a hard time getting you to take naps lately, so we’ll have to work on that. We played for a while, and then we went outside for a walk. It had been raining earlier in the day, but the weather cleared up long enough for us to take our afternoon stroll around the cemetery. You were pretty tired and promptly fell asleep, which was good. I usually call members of my family while I am walking with you because it makes the time go by faster while I am getting my exercise.

Then I took you home and fed you your dinner. I worked on making some cards while you played on the floor downstairs. When Daddy came home we headed out to Chili’s because we decided to celebrate me quitting my job, and your daddy accepting his. Plus your daddy also said he had some exciting news. It seems that when Daddy tried to give his two weeks’ notice for his job at UVSC, his boss basically asked him not to go. It seems that he doesn’t want to lose all the knowledge and skills that Joe has acquired in his years at UVSC. So they want to pay him double time and have him do some work from home in the evenings. We talked about it, and we’ll see how it works out. The extra income would be nice, and I think Joe would enjoy working on some projects and special assignments for them.

During dinner you fell asleep, and after dinner we stopped at Lowe’s. We picked up some more insulation for our roof, which Daddy will probably end up working on again this weekend. Hopefully this will help our heating bill decrease this winter because it was pretty expensive to heat our house last winter. Grandpa Devereaux has been nice enough to help us out by purchasing some of the insulation for us. I can’t wait to go visit Grandpa and Grandma Devereaux for Christmas. They will be amazed at how much you have grown, since the last time they saw you was in July at your baby blessing.

Then we went home and put you to bed. We have started to put you in the next size diapers (size 3) at night. I think it helps you sleep because the diaper holds more and you don’t feel as wet. You have been waking up less during the night, and sleeping in a little longer in the morning, which is really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment