Thursday, August 30, 2012

San Francisco Sightseeing

Good morning!

How are my three Devereaux darlings?

Today I thought I would start by showing you the view from the top of our hotel. Here is the view looking towards Coit Tower and the bay. Can you see that little tower in the distance? That is Coit tower, and where I decided to go yesterday.


Here is a close up picture of the tower, and I will show you some more later.


Here is another picture of San Francisco. This is only a small part of it, so you can see that it is a pretty big city!


Yesterday I got on the bus and headed to Coit Tower. On the way there I found a pretty church, which was called the Saints Paul and Peter church.


I decided to go check out the inside of the church. It looks a lot different from our church, don't you think?


There were lots of stained glass windows. They are made of little pieces of colored glass that make a picture.


They were very pretty.

I left the church and climbed up several HUNDRED stairs to get up to Coit Tower. This is what the tower looks like up close.


Sheldon thought it would be fun to climb up to the top of the tower, but I was too tired, so we went to look inside. The walls inside the building are covered with murals. There were pictures of people doing all sorts of different things.


The murals were really fun to look at. ALL the walls had pictures on them!


The tower was fun on the inside AND it had great views on the outside. Dolphy recognized the Golden Gate bridge even though it was pretty far away.


We could also see the Bay Bridge from the tower as well as the city. It was pretty cool!

I left the tower and got back on the bus and headed to the Place of Fine Arts. It is a really beautiful building!



While I was there I took lots of pictures of the cool statues and buildings. Here is a picture of the inside of the domed building.


While I was exploring the Palace, I decided to make a little video for you guys.



When I looked on my map I could see that I was pretty close to the ocean. So I walked over to a place called Crissy field. I took off my feet and walked along the beach. I even got my feet wet.


As you can see, the Golden Gate Bridge was a little bit away from me. You can also see that there was a lot of fog around the bottom of the bridge.


I could hear the foghorns of the ships, which was pretty loud. The ships couldn't see each other in the fog, so they were blowing their horns so they didn't hit each other. I tried to make a video for you, but it was a bit hard to hear the horns because of the wind whistling past my phone. But I thought I would share it with you anyway.


Crissy field is where they launch sailboats, so I saw quite a few of them. It was cool to watch them get launched and blow away in the breeze.


It was past lunchtime, so I decided I should go back to the hotel and have lunch. Then in the afternoon I took a quick trip out to Alamo Square. It is a park where you can see some beautiful houses in the front, with the city behind.


Isn't it beautiful?

From there I headed back towards the city. I stopped off at the city hall building. It is a pretty fancy bulding!


Sheldon was excited that we got to see another building that had a top shaped like his shell. Domes are cool! It was also very pretty on the inside.


I wanted to get a picture of the whole ceiling, so I actually lay down on the floor of the city hall to get this picture! You have a silly Mommy, right?


So that's is what I did yesterday. In the evening Daddy and I went to a Bon Jovi concert, which was fun too!

I get to come home tomorrow, and I am excited to see you! I have missed you all SO much and I can't wait for you to come get me at the airport. See you soon!

Love Mommy

2 comments:

  1. You have been to some very interesting places in San Francisco. The murals at Coit Tower are very interesting and beautiful, so was the church, I'm glad you decided to go in. Thanks for letting us hear the ocean and the fog horns, that was very cool. What a fancy city hall, those are beautiful pictures. What a great vacation! Look at all the photo's and memories you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! It's been years since I've been to San Fran and the pictures bring back lots of fun memories!

    ReplyDelete