Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to the Golden Gate Bridge

Hello again from San Francisco!

How are my three kiddos? I love you and hope you are having tons of fun at home.

So yesterday was the first day of Daddy's conference. That means that he was at the conference session listening to people talk about virtual computing most of the day. So while Daddy was in classes, I decided to go back to the Golden Gate bridge. I hopped on the bus and headed over there.


Luckily for me, this time it was sunny- hooray! Doesn't the orange bridge look just fantastic against the blue sky? I love it!

This time as I crossed the bridge, I decided to show you just how big the cables are on the bridge. Check this out!


Wow! See? I can't even put my fingers together around the cable because it is so big. You can see the city in the background too. Here is a better picture of San Francisco!


This time I wanted to go all the way across the bridge. Look at how tall the bridge towers are!


There were not as many ships in the harbor because it is a work day. But I did see another HUGE cargo ship that I thought I would show you. Cool, huh?


Sheldon really enjoyed walking along the Golden Gate Bridge on such a nice sunny day.


Dolphy really wanted to play in the water, but I convinced him to stay on the bridge with me! I was afraid that he wouldn't be able to find me again if he went to play in the bay.


I think the Golden Gate bride is so pretty! I love the towers and the cables.


It took me a while, but I walked all the way across the bridge! I even made it up a big hill on the other side so I could take a REALLY great picture of the bridge.

When I got up the big hill I was afraid I might not get to take my picture because there was SO much fog. Sometimes I couldn't see the bridge at all!


Good thing I had Sheldon and Dolphy to keep me company. We were patient and waited until the fog blew away so I could get a nice picture. It was REALLY windy up on the hill.


Dolphy and Sheldon liked to see how small all the cars looked driving across the bridge. We pretended that they were giant and scared all the cars and pedestrians on the bridge! Haha.


The fog completely cleared out and I got the picture that I really wanted. Isn't it gorgeous!


I really liked that you could see the city behind the bridge. It was beautiful!


I was happy  to be able to see the Golden Gate Bridge again! It was awesome!

I was tired, but I had to climb down the big hill and walk across the bridge again! I was going to call you guys on the bridge, but it is SO noisy on there! There are lots of cars crossing the bridge, which made it noisy. So I rode the bus back to the hotel and called you when I got back.

It was great to talk to you and I am glad you are having so much fun. Last night Daddy and I got to go to a small party. It actually wasn't very exciting and we didn't stay too long. But there was another one of those cartoon artists at the party, so we had him draw our picture again.

Here is Mommy and Daddy!

It was a different artist who drew us this time, and I think I like this one too! What do you think? Does it look like us?

As Ephraim requested on the phone, here is the picture of the submarine that we saw over the weekend.


You can see the Liberty ship behind it in the back, but here is a picture of it up close.


It was HUGE!

Today I am going to go to Chinatown and look around. Daddy and I went together our first evening here, but I want to go look around during the day. Sheldon and Dolphy are excited to go see the sights with me!

Love you guys!
See you soon
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. The Golden Gate Bridge is something else! I love the pictures you took of the bridge. When we visited San Francisco it was a cloudy day so we didn't get any pictures, thanks for sharing your with us!
    The cargo ship is interesting, especially when you realize each of those little rectangles are semi truck trailers.
    I love your sketches by the cartoonist. It's fun to see someone's interpretation of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for the right pic of the golden gate bridge was worth it! Those are amazing pics! I'm glad you and Joe had such a good time together too!

    ReplyDelete