Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Museum of Ancient Life

The second day that Auntie Em was here, we decided to take a trip to the dinosaur museum. I have coupons for free children's admissions from the Orem Public Library and it has been a long time since our last visit!


Recently I have learned to take pictures in Manual mode on my camera, and I have found that I can take much better pictures, but it does take me a few tries to find the right settings right now! Here is Jacob, cranking the wheels of time.


We also got to see a paleontologist working on a fossil, which was pretty cool. Most of the time when we go to the dinosaur museum the workroom is empty.


The boys had a fun time looking at the exhibits. I have found that as they get older, they slowly start to take more interest in the other exhibits (you know, the ones that aren't dinosaur bones?).


Every time we are at the museum I take a picture of the boys by these fossils. This time we had Autie Em get in on the picture too!


Amelia mostly stayed in her stroller. I would let her out and walk with us, but she is not good at staying with Mommy and following us around. Instead she would rather be the leader, which doesn't work out so well!


We had tons of fun in the museum with Emily. I enjoyed taking pictures that I would not normally be able to take- without using the flash!


We stopped and built a dinosaur out of magnets, which was fun.



And of course we checked out all the fossils!


The kids even dressed up like dinosaurs and let me take their picture by the feet of the Brachiosaurus.


Of course no visit to the dinosaur museum would be complete without visiting the erosion table.


The boys love to play with the dinosaurs, water and sand.


They probably would have loved to stay longer, but Amelia was getting to the end of her patience with being stuck in her stroller. So we headed on!


Look at how much the boys and Auntie Em weigh! As much as a triceratops. Don't tell, but I wheeled the stroller onto the platform and stood on it too. We got the scale to go much higher than that!



The dinosaur museum was lots of fun. Of course on our way out we had to stop at the excavation area. The boys love to uncover the dinosaur bones.


Of course I let Amelia get out and play too. That made her happy!



It was fun to watch all three of the kids play in the sand and look for dinosaur bones.




We went to the museum before lunch, and by the time we finished we were all starving! Plus Amelia needed a nap so we had to head home. It was a really fun day at the museum. I was glad we went before the craziness of $2 Tuesdays in August. The museum was not at all crowded and we had a great time!

1 comment: