Monday, September 8, 2008

Ho Hum Weekend

This weekend was pretty low-key at the Devereaux house.

Saturday morning I woke up later than I intended to. Ephraim has been waking up a couple times at night lately because his teeth are bothering him. Consequently I didn't sleep very well until after 4:30 a.m. or so.

So I had to hustle to make it to the group ride that they were having at our local Trek store. They go on a 20 mile ride every other weekend or so. Joe said that I could go this time because his legs were a little tired from all the riding he did last week.

I made it on time and there were about 22 other riders. It was a no-drop fun ride, which theoretically means that no one gets left behind. I didn't really have a hard time keeping up with everyone and I was in the middle between the front and back group most of the time. Then a lady fell off at a railroad crossing and her chain slipped off. As soon as the rear guard came to help her I took off on my bike (big mistake!). I thought I would be able to see the group in front of me... nope. I didn't know where I was going and I lost them. I wasn't lost, I just lost everyone else.

After a couple of minutes I noticed my front tire was flat! So I headed towards to Trek store on foot. I called Joe for advice and then used my CO2 cartridge to pump up my tire enough to get me most of the way there. When I got home Joe showed me how to change my tire. So now I know what to do next time!

Later we went back to the Trek store on our way to Costco to get a replacement CO2 cartridge and they apologized for losing me. They said they had a lot of new people riding that day and some of them wanted to "race" which isn't the way it is supposed to go. It wasn't really their fault. I had a good time (besides losing everyone and getting a flat) and Joe and I are planning on going on the group ride together again soon.

Then we went to Costco and got a new battery for Joe's car. He replaced it when he got home and the car works fine! Yahoo.

Sunday we had regional conference. Joe had an early meeting and I worked on getting everyone ready. We got there early, which was good because I ended up with red juice on my khaki skirt (darn sippy cups!). Then Ephraim spit up all over Joe's suit. We were having a grand time, let me tell you.

The conference was pretty good. I especially enjoyed the talks by President Uchtdorf and Elder Jensen. The only thing that made the meeting difficult was that for some reason Joe and I were really tired. Plus it is always an interesting challenge to keep a two-year-old occupied during a two hour long meeting. When the conference was over we went home, ate lunch, and then we all took a nice, long nap.

My friend Stacy came over later in the afternoon to drop off some books and the goldfish crackers that I am addicted to. Then we had dinner and I made a peach cobbler. It was yummy.

So that was our weekend in a nutshell. This morning I slept in later than I intended to because Jacob woke me up twice (once to go potty, once because he wanted milk) and Ephraim woke me up twice (ouchy teeth). So needless to say, I am a bit tired today. I mostly worked on laundry and took the boys out on a bike ride in the trailer (they are HEAVY!).

In good news, I am happy to report that for now my nose is mostly clear! Hopefully it stays that way and we all get some more sleep soon.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to have a day or two to slow down and recoup. My weekend was the same. Now however all I want to do is sleep in and hang out all day which isn't possible.

    ReplyDelete