Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shoveling the Snow is Fun to Do

Monday we had our first big snowstorm of the season. We had three inches of snow on our driveway when got up in the morning. I don't really enjoy snow that much, but so far Jacob and Ephraim seem to love it!

After breakfast we got all bundled up and headed outside. Daddy shoveled some of the driveway before he left for work that morning, so we went out to finish the job.

Our driveway is HUGE, so it's a good thing I had such great helpers!

We only have one little shovel and Jacob took off with it right away. Of course Ephraim wanted to help too, so guess which shovel he chose?

Yep. The big shovel!

Jacob did a really great job shoveling the snow up and putting it on the snowbanks. He learned how to do it last year, and it seems he remembers how it works.

He was a big helper to Mommy while I was out trying to get the driveway cleared.

Ephraim really wanted to be a big helper too. So while I was shoveling with a big shovel, he was too. It was really cute!

He was bound and determined to help move that snow off our driveway. I guess it's a good thing that later this week we went out and found another smaller shovel, don't you think?

In the end we had to take turns using the little shovel, and the boys loved helping out. Ephraim thought the little shovel was just right!

I don't think he's quite got the hang of this shoveling thing, do you? Look out Ephraim!

Don't worry! The snow actually fell onto his arms, not his face! Ephraim's antics with the shovel were making me laugh so hard. He was trying really hard, and was such a cutie-patootie!


We eventually got the driveway all clean. Then we took a little time to play in the snow. The first thing Jacob wanted to do was make a snow angel.


Of course Ephraim wanted to do whatever Jacob is doing, so he had to give it a try.


First he watched Jacob and then laid down to try. He basically laid on the ground while kicking and wiggling his feet up in the air. It was so cute! I really wish I'd had my video camera because I was laughing so hard!

I am glad that my boys enjoy the snow. It makes the cold and wintry weather more fun for their mommy too.

Aren't they just so stinking cute? I love these boys!

2 comments:

  1. I love Ephraim's hat, did Emily make it too. It's way cute. Did you ever think you'd have two such cute little boys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hats are hilarious! I love them on your adorable boys!

    ReplyDelete