Thursday, December 24, 2009

Drive to Tucson (Dec 23)

Wow did I ever get behind on my blog! I guess going on vacation and taking tons of pictures will do that to you!

Just before Christmas I spent most of my time getting my neighbor gifts out and packing up to go to Tucson. Then on December 23rd we left very early in the morning (2:30 am-ish). The boys did pretty well on the LONG car trip.

The northern part of our drive was nasty to say the least. The roads were a bit snowy and it was really windy. We actually saw several vehicles off the road, either on their sides or completely flipped over. Scary, huh? The roads did not improve until we got close to St. George and then it was smooth sailing from there.

We managed the drive with minimal stopping. One of the stops we made was at the Joshua Tree National Parkway. I have been wanting to stop there for a couple of years, and we finally did! Here is a cute picture of the boys and Daddy by the Joshua trees:

I love the way the Joshua Trees look. They totally remind me of something you would see in a Dr. Seuss book. I took tons of pictures. This one is my favorite:

There were also lots of interesting boulders where we stopped. They look like huge pebbles that were dropped from the sky.

It was nice to take a short break because the drive ended up taking 16 hours because we lost so much time on the northern part. I am so proud of the boys. They were great in the car:

They enjoyed seeing some of the interesting sights like Hoover Dam, and it wasn't until the very end that Ephraim started to really get upset about being in the car so long. Good thing he was so tired that he passed out about then.


We were so happy to finally make it to Tucson!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Joshua tree picture. It's beautiful! I am glad that you made it safely to Arizona as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures! I don't know if I'd have the guts to drive 16 hours in one day...you are a brave woman!

    ReplyDelete