Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Choo-Choo

We had a nice Sunday today. I love it when we get to start singing Christmas hymns at church! The weather has gotten quite a bit colder, and we actually had a dusting of snow on the ground this morning. I guess it's just more signs that Christmas is nearly here!

After Church and lunch I left to go to choir practice. When I returned (early because we don't have practice on fast sunday- duh!), I found Jacob and Daddy setting up the electric train that Joe got when he was little.

To say that Jacob was excited and fascinated is an understatement!


Joe cut up some cardboard so the train would run a little better. Our thick carpeting wasn't particularly helpful. He also had to clean off some pieces, but it worked pretty well. Jacob even got to run it a litt, and I think he could have watched the train for hours!

When the train was all set up, Ephraim woke up from his nap. So we told him to come and join us. He was enthralled!

Ephraim loves trains, especially Thomas the Tank Engine. He kept telling us something that sounded a lot like "My Thomas train!", so we made sure that he knew this was Daddy's train. We also had to be sure that he knows not to touch it but only to look at it!

The boys sure had fun watching the train, and Mommy had fun taking their pictures!

Joe even let me drive the train for a while! I have to say that even though it just goes in a circle, it was still fun!

I think the boys would still be sitting there watching the train if we let them! When we told them it was time to stop, Ephraim got really upset and nearly threw a fit!

We told him that there would be plenty of time to watch the train. I am pretty sure that anytime we turn it on in the next couple of weeks I know exactly where the boys will be!

Yep. Right here.

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I love how much they are enthralled by the train. And, btw, beautiful pictures, Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, are they fascinated with that train!

    ReplyDelete