Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss Day and the Laundry/iPad Baby

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

 For show-and-tell today Jacob was supposed to bring a Dr. Seuss book to school. So first thing this morning we had our collection of Dr. Seuss books out and the boys were enjoying reading them.



What a fun way to start your day! After reviewing all of his options, Jacob decided to take "I Can Read with my Eyes Shut". I love that he picked a book that is slightly less well known. I have a feeling a lot of copies of "One Fish, Two Fish", "Green Eggs and Ham", and "Horton Hears a Who" will be going to school today.


There must be a lot of kids with the same school assignment because last night while I was working at the library we were having a run on Seuss books. By the time the library closed there was not even one Dr. Seuss book on the shelf! (and we have a LARGE Seuss collection). I was a little surprised by this because don't most people have at least one Dr. Seuss book at home?

This morning we also got a fun Seussical surprise. I opened a package of diapers that I get to review (later on) and found this:


Hooray! A Dr. Seuss book that we don't have. Plus I believe the movie is coming out today! How fun. I will definitely have to read this book to the kids later on today.

Miss Amelia was not as into Seuss as the boys. But she was "helping" me with the laundry.





What a cutie pie!

After Daddy came home later in the day, Amelia got another chance to play on the iPad. I think she really likes it!


It is amazing to me how technologically advanced our kids will be! They are definitely growing up in a different world than I did!



1 comment: