Saturday, March 17, 2012

Amelia's Birthday

Happy Birthday Amelia!

What a cutie pie! Daddy went to work late so he could see his little girl and wish her happy birthday, and that just warmed my heart and made my day. I am sure that Amelia loved it too.

Amelia loves playing in the water, so when I was in the shower she was at the curtain begging me to let her in. Since it was her birthday, I indulged her!


What a cutie! On her birthday, in her birthday suit! Hehe.

We spend the day at home, just hanging out and playing together. I managed to finish the cute little skirt (thanks Melinda!), applique shirt, and hair flowers for Amelia. She is our little sunshine, so I figured it was perfect. I think they look so cute on her!


I also gave her the shoes, which she wanted to wear the entire day. Apparently this girl likes shoes!

She did not want to wear the skirt all day, so I didn't make her. After all, it is hard to crawl around in a skirt!
 

So she mostly wore the skirt for the brief time I was trying to take some pictures of her. We didn't work too hard at getting perfect portraits because that's no fun for Amelia, and it was her birthday after all!


I did manage some cute pictures of her though. I have a hard time getting her to look at me when I am pointing my camera at her. I can make strange noises and do whatever and she still won't look at me. Little stinker.


After dinner Amelia got to open her presents. Of course Daddy helped her out (so I could take pictures).


She didn't quite get what the big deal about opening presents was, but she was excited to play with what was inside! She especially loved the push chime that we got for her. She is really close to walking, and I know she will enjoy it a lot in the next year or so.


Amelia's cake was a little easier for me than Ephraim's was. I made her a sunshine cake.


After the presents, we put Amelia in her high chair and let her have cake! She thought it was fun to wear this hat and have us sing to her!


Of course she ended up wearing about as much of her cake as she ate, but isn't that just part of the fun?


Amelia seemed to enjoy the cake, but she wasn't too sure about the sticky hands. She would rub her nose with them and ended up with cake up her nose. I was surprised we didn't end up with more of it in her hair!


We ended our fun and fabulous day with another bath! Since Amelia got new bath toys for her birthday it was a great way to end her special day.

1 comment:

  1. So adorable! I love the outfit, the cake, the girl...well done!!

    ReplyDelete