Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dinosaur Preschool

It has been a fun and busy week at the Devereaux House. Once again it was my turn to teach preschool as part of our little cooperative. This time the subject was dinosaurs, and I was so excited about it!

There are so many great dinosaur books. I love all the "How Do Dinosaurs..." books by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague. I also found two new favorites in "When Dinosaurs Came with Everything" and "Brontorina".  They are great. Here is my table all set up:


I had tons of books, plastic dinosaurs, and I even made dinosaur feet out of cereal boxes for the kids. At the end of class they all giggled while stomping around in their big dinosaur feet!


Of course I even had to make a pair of dinosaur feet for Jacob to play with when he got home!



The dinosaur feet were a big hit, and so were the dinosaur eggs! I used the recipe and tutorial that I found at Projects for Preschoolers. It was really easy to make the clay mixture and put the little plastic dinosaurs in the eggs. I cannot tell you how much fun the kids had breaking open their dinosaur eggs!



The only problem I had was that the weather was wet and stormy, so I knew the eggs would not have time to dry out. So I ended up baking them in the oven for a little while. It worked just fine, as you can see.


I did another preschool lesson today, but that is a post for another day! Thank goodness my busy week is winding down. I am ready for the weekend!

1 comment: