Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Children's Discovery Garden

Yesterday the boys and I took advantage of the last $2 Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point and went to visit the Gardens. We got to go to the Children's Discovery Garden and the gates to the other gardens were open as well.

I should have paid better attention to the location because it took me a while to find the gardens. We actually ended up at Thanksgiving Point Proper before I figured out that I needed to get back in the car and drive down the road a ways. I don't think the boys noticed at all. They probably would have thought this was the Gardens if I hadn't told them otherwise!

As you might have guessed, there were lots of pretty flowers at the Gardens.

I will spare you all my nature photos, but the boys were great at looking at the flowers and smelling them with me. They also thought the man-made waterfalls were pretty cool... especially since we got to walk on top of them and through them.

Does this look man-made to you?
Check out the view from the big waterfall amphitheater.

This isn't even all the waterfalls you could see from here!
We walked around quite a bit, but probably didn't even cover half of the places you could go in the various gardens. We just ran out of time and Ephraim needed his nap!

The boys' favorite part of the Gardens was definitely the Noah's Arc water sculpture near the entrance of the Children's Discovery Garden. Too bad I didn't really plan for them to get wet... oh well!

They had a great time. Of course Ephraim, my little water boy, got completely soaked.

I ended up putting him in the car without his clothes on, and Jacob only had his shirt on (which was still dry). At least they had a good time.


The silly thing is that I never even stepped back and took a picture of the entire arc! I guess I only had eyes for my little guys!

We were going to go with the Smiths, but our schedules just didn't mesh that day. So later during Ephraim's nap, Jacob got to go with the Smiths to the Dinosaur Museum. I hear that Alyssa and Jacob had a spectacular time. Isn't Jacob a lucky boy?

Then we went to Orem that evening and took Daddy to dinner because he was going to be working late. It was good to see him and have dinner with him. He has been working late a lot, but school starts today, so hopefully things will calm down for him a bit. Then again, he is going to a conference all next week, so maybe it will be a while before we get back to our normal schedule!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a really fun place to take kids. I'd like to go wiht you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time. We'll have to join you one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where there is water, there are wet kids! All kids love water, right? Mine certainly do!

    ReplyDelete