Friday, June 19, 2009

Strawberry Days Carnival

This week has been the annual Strawberry Days celebration in Pleasant Grove. This year I decided that the boys would enjoy going to the carnival downtown, even if I was not that interested in it. So we scheduled a day to go with Melinda and her girls.

Unfortunately Melinda wasn't feeling well, so we ended up going to the carnival ourselves. She was nice enough to give us some tickets for the rides, which was great!

First, Jacob went on a couple of rides by himself. He went on a little train and on some Jeeps that went around a track. I would have let Ephraim go too, but I didn't really trust him to keep his hands, arms, or himself inside the ride at all times.

So he spent those rides something like this:

Poor kid. So we found some rides that we could go on together. Ephraim and Jacob both thought the carousel was great fun.

They also both loved taking a ride in this little hot rod. Aren't they the cutest?


Jacob really wanted to go on the Ferris wheel, but there was no way I was going to put him on it by himself. I was pretty sure that he would get scared once the wheel got to the top. Since we were there alone I didn't have anyone to leave Ephraim with and I didn't really want to take him on the Ferris wheel either. That would have been 12 tickets for the Ferris wheel, which is a bit much. So I conveniently ran out of tickets. Don't tell Jacob, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment