Monday, June 22, 2009

Huck Finn Day

This year as part of the Strawberry Days celebration we went to Huck Finn Day. I went with Jacob last year and he had a good time, so I thought the boys would love it.

We got in line for the pony rides first, which was a good thing because we didn't end up waiting too long. Then we did the fish pond, bean bag toss and the donut walk.

The main attraction for the boys was the area of the park that they filled with water to make a pond. There were fish in there for people to catch if they were interested, but my boys were really more entranced by the water:

They were doing such a great job wading in the water and they were loving every minute of it. I was having fun snapping cute pictures of them in their overalls. Aren't they just adorable?

I knew that the boys would get a bit wet, but for some reason I didn't really anticipate this (though in hindsight, I should have!):

Well, that's one way to cool off Ephraim! Needless to say, Ephraim was completely soaked! So I let him play around a bit more... it's not like he could get any wetter!

Luckily Brenda and her kids were there and saved my bacon. Brenda had an extra pair of shorts that I could put Ephraim in to take him home! Good thing, or the car seat would have been SOGGY!

So we had a good time at Huck Finn Day. Next year I will remember to bring a change of clothes... just in case!

1 comment: