Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shoveling the skiff

Oh how the boys love to shovel!

We have not had much snow this week, but every time the snow starts to fall Jacob wants to go outside and shovel. Yesterday morning we had about an inch of snow on the driveway. We did not go outside to shovel because Jacob's playschool was at our house. So I told Jacob we would go shovel after.

Wouldn't you know it, the snow all melted by the time Jacob's friends left! Jacob was so sad that he actually cried. Poor guy!

So this morning when we had a little bit of snow, I told Jacob we would come home and shovel right after aerobics. Luckily the snow had not quite melted by the time we got home!

So Jacob got to shovel after all! Of course Ephraim helped too.


They both had a great time pushing the snow around. I didn't really even help because I knew that by afternoon the snow would be gone anyway. I just had fun taking their pictures.

Ephraim likes the little shovels, but will still often go back to the garage and get the big shovels. I guess in his eyes bigger really is better.


Hopefully the boys will still be willing to shovel in the years to come! I can already imagine how nice it will be to send the boys out to shovel... while I stay warm and cozy inside! :o)

What great helpers I have!

2 comments:

  1. These are great pictures. My kids like to help shovel too. I need to get better shovels for them though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I need some boys around here. My girls HATE this task! Great pics!!

    ReplyDelete