Saturday, January 16, 2010

Minivan Mommy

So have you seen my new wheels?

Yep! I am now a minivan mommy. After checking out vans several nights this week and spending oodles of hours on the internet, Joe went and bought our van at the dealership yesterday.

What precipitated this change in transportation? No, I am not pregnant, thanks for asking!

Actually Joe's car was acting up and we figured it was on a slow decline... but what can you expect from a 1993 car with nearly 200,000 miles on it? It was a great car, but we decided it was time for us to move on. Since we plan to have more kids, a van seemed like the wise choice.


I wasn't quite sure how I would feel about driving a minivan, but I have to say that I actually love it! We got several recommendations for Chrysler Town and Country vans from friends and family. So we checked out their twin, the Dodge Grand Caravan. We found a great 2008 van that was in our price range, and boy does it have features! The sliding doors are motorized so they open and close at the push of a button. My boys think that is just magic! Plus the windows in the sliding doors actually roll down!

I could go on, but you probably don't need to know all the cool things my van does. The best part is that I am not the only one that approves of the van.


My boys just love it! When we looked at vans, Jacob was upset every time we didn't take a van home with us, which cracked me up! He loves all the room and having his own chair. Ephraim loves being able to see everything outside. It will be nice to be able to go places with friends during the day and not necessarily needing to ride in separate vehicles.

Another good thing is now I can take ANYTHING with me wherever I need to go. I will have no problems fitting my double stroller in here! Plus I can always put the seats down and carry whatever I need to. It is going to be great.


We tend to baby our vehicles, so hopefully the van will be good to us for many years to come!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for being able to see out! And, glad you are in the mommy van club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your van, it's very nice.

    ReplyDelete