Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey Hands for Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving I had planned to put up a post full of photos of the things that I am most thankful for. Then Tuesday afternoon I got busy doing this instead...

I had promised Jacob that we would make handprint turkeys, and since it was almost Thanksgiving I figured we had better get on it! We were actually going to do this craft at playgroup yesterday, but I thought it would be too difficult without help... especially since it involved paint!

So for playgroup at our house we made toilet paper roll turkeys instead, which also turned out totally cute! For our handprint turkeys I actually painted Jacob's hand and them pressed it into the paper plate. Then we added feet, a beak, and a waddle. Next we added one inch squares around the outside.

I think it turned out pretty well, don't you?

We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving at home with the boys. I made a turkey and we had the trimmings that we like the best. Of course we also had lots of PIE!

My parents stopped by on their way to and from St. George, and it was nice to see them. Usually we have Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Heiner's house, but they took a well-deserved break this year and had a great time cycling together in St. George.

The best part of Thanksgiving was having so much time together as a family. It seems sometimes that we just get so busy! It is nice to take time to slow down, relax, and enjoy each other's company.

1 comment:

  1. That was seriously ambitious to attempt anything with paint and small children. They turned out adorable! You are a cool Mom.

    ReplyDelete