Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ephraim sings "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"

A few nights ago I was taking a diaper to the trash with Ephraim. It wasn't too late, but it was already pitch black outside. So we took a minute to look at the stars.

I said, "Look, Ephraim! Stars!"
Ephraim said, "tar!"
"That's right," I told him, "they are twinkle stars!"

At which point he started to say, "Ginkle, ginkle gingle tar" Then he lifted his arms over his head and said something like: "uubba budda baba eye.... ginkle, ginkle ginkle tar"

It took me a second, but then I realized he was trying to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to me! It was so cute and I just wanted to eat up my precious little boy! So then we sang it together and shared a fun little moment.

Ever since then I have wanted to get him singing this on camera... with varying degrees of luck. He knows what I want, so he's not going to do it!

Here is one of my first attempts. You can see him doing the actions, but there is not a lot of singing going on!



I finally caught him singing it to himself in the tub. See if you can hear it too!



Jacob helped a little bit there at the end, in case you couldn't tell.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! He is really getting good at talking and singing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video of him in the tub is the cutest stinking thing!

    ReplyDelete