Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Jacob and Daddy Take a Ride

This week the weather has been absolutely gorgeous! The temperatures have been warm and pleasant and we have had plenty of sunshine.

So on Monday morning the boys and I walked to Music Makers class. We were in a bit of a hurry on the way there, so I ended up carrying Ephraim. His little legs can't quite keep up with Jacob and Mommy. We had fun at music makers and had a nice, leisurely stroll home.

The weather was so nice that Joe decided to ride his bike to work. Later in the afternoon just after Ephraim woke up I thought I saw Joe ride into the carport on his bike. So I told Jacob to go outside and say "Hi!" to Daddy.

Then I put on Ephraim's shoes and we went outside. When we got outside, what do you think I found?

Nobody.

I could not see Joe, and I could not see Jacob anywhere! I started calling for Jacob, but nobody answered. Then I started to panic. What if I didn't really see Joe riding in? What if Jacob was outside alone or somebody took off with him!

I was kind of freaking out. Then our neighbor told me he saw Jacob on his tricycle following after Joe. I wasn't really sure if Joe knew that Jacob was following him, so I set off down the street after them with Ephraim on my hip.

I caught up with Joe and Jacob at the church. It seems that Daddy wanted to go on a cool down ride, and Jacob went with him. Joe knew that Jacob was with him, and apologized for not telling me about it.

The funny thing is that I actually had my camera with me because I went outside to take pictures of the cricket Jacob found on Saturday. Since Joe and Jacob were so cute on their bikes together, I took some pictures.

Look at them go!

Jacob actually pedals his tricycle pretty fast! Daddy said he was going 5 miles per hour!

Jacob and Daddy had fun riding around the parking lot, and I enjoyed taking their pictures. So what do you think? Will Jacob be a cyclist someday too?

We ended up staying at the parking lot for a little while because we found a lost little dog there and called his owner, who turned out to be someone we knew. While we were waiting we let the boys play around. For some reason they think that the rocks around the church are "picture rocks". They want to sit on them so mommy can take their picture!

Ah well, at least they are cute!

So even though I had a heart-stopping moment, the afternoon turned out well. I am happy to say that Jacob and Daddy rode off into the sunset together.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures. The last one is too funny. Soon you'll have to get Jacob a bicycle and give the tricycle to Ephriam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Those pictures (and your boys) are way too cute.

    ReplyDelete