Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Smiley Pants

Dear Jacob
The weekend went by too quickly! We all slept in this morning, and when you woke up I picked you up and brought you into our room and laid you on our bed. I love how cheerful you are in the morning. As soon as we come to get you out of bed we are greeted by Mr. Smiley Pants. We sat in bed and played with you for a while, and then mommy and daddy got to work. I cleaned up the bathrooms and worked on the inside of the house, while your daddy mowed the lawn and worked outside. You kept me company inside the house, and I’m lucky that you are such a happy, easy-going baby. That way I can still keep the house clean and get stuff done when I’m not playing with you. Later you came with me to the store to get more formula, and then we worked on making salsa. Soon it was already after 4pm. So we decided to go out to eat and go shopping. We went to Chili’s, and you were good the whole time. I fed you a bottle while we waited for our food, so it worked out perfectly. We had a good time, and after we went shopping we went home and watched a movie.

Sunday was the first time that we have had choir practice since you were born. Your daddy took care of you while I led the choir. We must sound pretty good because you fell asleep listening to us. After church we spent the rest of Sunday together. I love the weekends because I get to be with you all of the time. It always makes me sad to go back to work on Monday.

This week we have caught you sucking on your thumb. You still shove your whole fist in your mouth, but sometimes you manage to find just your thumb. I think you just like having something to suck on, and when you loose the binky then you decide that your hands are the next best thing.

You can now hold your head up really well. I remember that when you were first born you couldn’t do that at all. You are getting good at holding your head up when we put you on your tummy. You don’t really like “tummy time” very much but I’m sure that will change as soon as you figure out how to crawl and roll over.

Another thing that you are getting better at is baths. The first month whenever we tried to give you a bath you would scream so loud! You did not like to be naked, or all wet. Now you have figured out that bath time is kind of fun. You don’t splash around in the water yet, but I can get you to smile at me and be happy in your little baby tub that we put in the sink.

This weekend we will be going on our first family trip. We are going to visit Grandpa and Grandma Heiner in Star Valley Wyoming. We have never stayed overnight anywhere except for home since you were born, so this should be an adventure. Grandpa Heiner can’t wait to see you again, and I’m sure we will have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment