Friday, August 25, 2006

Jacob Grows

Dear Jacob,

You are starting to outgrow some of your little clothes. When you were born you only weighed 5lbs 14 ounces, so most of the clothes were way too big. You were so tiny, but my how you’ve grown! You will be 15 weeks old tomorrow, and you weigh about 12 pounds now. So you are almost 4 months old, and now some of the 3-6month clothes are starting to fit you. I can’t believe how fast you are growing and the amazing things you are learning.

This week you are also starting to try to laugh. You haven’t quite gotten the hang of it, but you make the cutest noises. I can’t wait to hear your first real laugh. Daddy and I have taken some fun videos of you this week. Joe took some video of you playing with your mobile while I was at work, and we took a couple at night when we were both home. We were trying to make you laugh, and you were being so cute… until we turned the camera on you! But we managed to get you to do it a little more for the camera. Then we also caught you crying on camera, which is also really cute. Daddy has imported the video into his computer, and we’ll have to put them on a DVD sometime. I wish that I had more pictures and video of me when I was little. You definitely won’t have that problem because we have tons of pictures and videos of our precious little boy.

I am also amazed at how good you are getting at manipulating things with your hands. The funny thing is that you keep trying to put all your toys in your mouth. I guess it is just your way of exploring things right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment