Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cherries and Children

So I think I forgot to mention that over the weekend we picked a TON of cherries from the cherry tree in our back yard. We have lived in our house for nearly 7 years and this is the first time that we have ever really had enough cherries to consider it a "harvest".


The funny thing is that since I was little I have NOT liked cherries. I had a bad food experience and swore them off. Since we had so many cherries I decided to give them a try again. Guess what? I like cherries.


At least I like the ones on our tree. They are somewhat tart, which I like. So I found some recipes online and made a cherry crumble. It turned out pretty well. This weekend am planning on a cherry cobber- yum!

This morning the boys got out the dress-ups and were playing construction worker and mailman. They were cute and my camera was handy- so you get pictures!


Of course Amelia wanted to try on the hats.


She makes a pretty cute construction worker, don't you think? (even if she is sawing my coffee table!)


Here is Jacob, the Lego-Darth Vader Mailman.


We are so glad that Grandma Devereaux finds us all these fun clothes to dress up in! We have a blast playing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment